The Habit - 21 Days of Self-Realization
Jun 23, 2013
21 Yoga Classes in 30 Days $79 to join in! 2 Lucky Yogis will win a FREE 1 month membership!
21 Days to make a change.
Studies show that it takes twenty-one days to form a habit. Habits are an essential part of our life, they help us to move forward and our habits can sometimes hold us back, but without them we would not be successful in most things we try to accomplish.
They help you to reach your goals, stay focused along the way and not give up when things get tough. Athletes know how important it is to stick to habits, especially during training. It is that group energy of everyone working together for the same goal that lightens the load. At HYU we are here to guide you and encourage you as you make change for the good.
"Anything you do with repetition and emotion will become your reality. If you're not satisfied with your current experience, examine your habits." -Dr. Andrew Weil
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Benefits of daily hot yoga practice:
- Reduces stress and helps you manage daily ups and downs
- Provides a sense of calm and a mental "time out"
- It's a free, natural anti-depressant
- Lowers blood pressure and heart rate
- You get toned from top to bottom
- Feel better in your body
- Sleep better
- Improved posture and confidence
- Make new friends!
21 Days of Self-Realization
"Self-realization is the knowing - in body, mind, and soul - that we are one with the omnipresence of God." - Paramahansa Yogananda
Use the following tools to help you on your 21 day Habit The 21 day habit practice
- Set your intention. What do want to achieve by completing twenty-one days of yoga in a row? The more specific you can be, the better; Weight Loss, Stress Relief, Strength? Inner Peace?
- Fill out the Habit Card; Just your first name on one line and your intention on the bottom line. It is important to use positive affirmations to reach your goal. String it up on the Habit wall.
- Pick up your turquoise string, daily reminder bracelet.
- Time to begin 21 days in a row of yoga.
Celebrate each small victory along the way. We are here to help you stay motivated. Tell your friends and family what you are doing the more support the better the success rate. At the end of your 21 days you are eligible to purchase our exclusive "Habit" yoga wear. Congratulations and wear it in good health!
Affirmations are positive statements that describe a desired situation, and which are repeated many times, in order to impress the subconscious mind and trigger it into positive action. In order to ensure the effectiveness of the affirmations, they have to be repeated with attention, conviction, interest and desire. Gratitude quotes or pictures are a great way to keep you visually empowered. Stick them on your fridge, in your office, next to your bed, in your car, on the mirror or wherever you will be reminded that it only takes 21 days to form a habit. Here are some examples:
- I am grateful for strength and determination
- I am surrounded by people who support me
- I am happy to come to yoga each day
- I am blessed to be here now
- I am abundant
- I am open to the process of my life unfolding
- I am proactive, making positive changes now
- I am a talented, skillful, sought after person
- I am happy to share my peace with everyone I meet today
- I find joy in every situation
"Truths are not truths to you unless you realize them within yourself. Without realization, they are just ideas. For spiritual perception, spiritual consciousness lies not in vague theological ideas, but in the acquisition of Self-realization. God is the life behind your life, the sight behind your eyes, the taste behind your tongue, and the love behind your love. To realize this to the fullest extent is Self-realization. Without God's power you can do nothing. If you always hold this thought, you cannot go wrong, because you will have purified the temple of your mind and your soul with the vibrations of God." - Paramahansa Yogananda