Yoga Teacher Training
So you want to become a yoga teacher?
YOGA STUDIES 200 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING - Join Visionary teachers Karin Fellman E-RYT 500, Effie Densberger E-RYT 200 along with Mimi Thomas E-RYT 200 and many more great teachers, on a journey to your most Authentic self.
Anatomy with Amber Brooks-Gumbert PA and Dr. Matt Zanis PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS physical therapist, athletic trainer, and orthopedic specialist.
This is a comprehensive, all inclusive program, with no additional add-on costs, that will guide you no matter your age or fitness level into a fuller understanding of Yourself and Yoga.
Whether you want to teach or simply dive into a deeper understanding of your own practice this program is for you.
“YOGA STUDIES is the most comprehensive Teacher Training in the valley! Join the Evolution of Yoga training with the offering many training's in one! Hot Yoga and Non-Heated Yoga, Master and learn how to teach hot yoga (our Integrative Method) Create and teach your own authentically inspired non-heated vinyasa flows, hatha, fitness, and meditation classes.”
- Two 13-week training's each year, Call for dates
Our Program is accredited, certified and recognized world-wide through our Registered Yoga School designation with Yoga Alliance.
Let the journey begin.
Hot Yoga University: Where Yoga Teachers Evolve
We’re passionate about teaching yoga at Hot Yoga University and this program is designed to facilitate the growth of teachers inspired to do the same. As a graduate of the Yoga Studies program you will have a greater understanding of: Functional anatomy, how to build creative vinyasa sequences, hatha yoga, yoga philosophy and history, how to lead a meditation and to teach and connect with your students from an authentic place with confidence and skill.
The Yoga Studies 200 hour yoga teacher training program is grouped into four modules that build on each other.
- MODULE 1- ESSENCE OF THE PRACTICE
- MODULE 2-DEEPENING OF YOUR PRACTICE
- MODULE 3-TAKING THE SEAT OF THE TEACHER
- MODULE 4- AUTHENTIC HEART CENTERED TEACHING
MODULE 1-THE ESSENCE OF THE PRACTICE
This Module will allow you to acquire knowledge in:
- What it takes to be a yoga teacher; expectations and requirements and upcoming projects.
- Leadership skills on and off the mat.
- Asana practice and sun salutations.
- Pranayama and its application
- Breaking Down Asana: What’s Happening in Your Body
- Experience in practicing various types of pranayama and meditation techniques
- Anatomy an in-depth review of both gross (muscles, joints, bone structure) Human Anatomy, how it relates to asana poses
- An introduction into different forms of asana practice, Bikram, Kundalini, Kripalu, Ashtanga, Yin, Restorative, Vinyasa, Hatha, Iyengar
- Intro to power of chanting Mantras, Sanskrit and setting intention
The completion of this module will give you a greater personal and physical understanding of your practice. It is a little taste of what is to come.
MODULE 2 - DEEPENING OF YOUR PRACTICE
In this Module:
- Further experience in practicing pranayama and meditation techniques, creating a sequence
- A study of THE 8 Limbs of yoga, texts of yoga philosophy- The Yamas and Nyamas and how to live a meaningful and purposeful life.
- Continued review of both gross (muscles, joints, bone structure)
- Introduction to Subtle anatomy, more Pranayama Techniques, Practice + Teaching
- Bandhas Techniques, Practice & Teaching
- Into to Mudras
- Meditation: Styles & Practice -the Nadis & Chakras
- More exposure to different forms of asana practice, what is the Hot Yoga Evolved Integrative Method
- Sequencing and Timing
- Singing Bowls sound healing essential oils
This Module will give you more knowledge to help advance further in your personal practice. Together with Module 1, this Module sets the strong foundation necessary to take the next step to becoming a confident leader and authentic yoga instructor.
MODULE 3 - TAKING THE SEAT OF THE TEACHER
- Beginning to teach
- Leading the class
- How to Teach Asana: Physical Cues
- Using Your Words Intentionally
- Setting the Tone for Class: Rituals & Music
- Yoga Schools and Lineages.
- Pranayama continued
- Ethics and professionalism
- Effective and creative use of props
- Various "asana lab" reviews of poses
- Observation of your students, how to see and correct misalignments with verbal corrections Modifications
- Techniques for executing an effective asana demonstration
- Putting a sequence together (creative, safe and intentional sequencing and transitions)
- Teaching a fixed sequence Hatha (H27)
- Managing the hot room
- Special populations, pregnancy, PTSD, Kids yoga, Help with injuries
Your experiences in this Module will begin to shape your thoughts on teaching and possibly redefining your personal practice. Building the foundation for being a confident, authentic and inspiring yoga teacher to your students.
MODULE 4 - AUTHENTIC HEART CENTERED TEACHING
In this Module, we will also review:
- Teaching for Different Levels
- Practice Group Teaching
- Free flow practicums
- Asana practice
- Teachers ethics
- How to market yourself as a yoga teacher
- Social media
- Yoga, Branding & Inspiring Change
- How to Successfully Find and Retain Private Clients
- First aid, medical response
- Share final Yoga project
You will graduate the Yoga Studies program a true teacher, Self confident and Self assured, ready to share your passion with students everywhere.
Karin Fellman E-RYT 500 YACEP ,Yoga, Meditation and Master Yoga Nidra Teacher, Owner of Hot Yoga University. Karin is one of the Valley's most well loved and respected yoga teachers. Her vision to create an urban style yoga studio that was affordable for everyone, where yogis of all backgrounds and levels can practice and heal together, became a reality in 2012.
An athlete from the time she was 8 years old, finishing up on the collegiate level on scholarship in the early 80’s. The experiential knowledge and insight from all those years playing team sports, setting personal goals and achieving them within the scope of a team environment; set her on a natural to path of leadership and instilling a strong sense of self in others.
After college, she married her sweetheart and they started a family. She enjoyed the next ten years as a stay at home mom of two very active kids. Feeling inspired to share her love for sports and teaching, she began to coach girls and boys basketball at her children’s Catholic school, along with leading and teaching the Art Masterpiece Program. Now married for 35 years they have two grandchildren to enjoy.
She began her yoga practice in 2000 at the Yoga Institute in Old Town Scottsdale- a Bikram method studio. Her practice became a way for her to manage the stress of her corporate career. Just two years into her practice, she resigned from her corporate job to become a yoga teacher; walking away from everything she thought defined her. Through her yoga practice she had a new understanding, that she defined herself.
Since that time, she has taught over 11000 yoga classes, inspiring over 275,000 students with her radiant authentic style and whole-hearted approach to life. Karin's classes balance the meditative, energetic and spiritual side of yoga and life along with anatomical alignment and strength building.
- January 2004 Bikram’s Yoga College of India's YTT Teacher Training
- October 2014 100-hour Amrit Method, Yoga Nidra training with Kamini Desai Ph.D.
- October 2015 Yoga Masters Immersion training with Kamini Desai PhD and Gurudev Amrit Desai.
- In 2018 attending 200-hour Level 1 Kundalini Teacher Training with KRI certification
- Karin is registered E-RYT 500 with Yoga Alliance.
- She is excited to share her knowledge, and continue the lineage of the passionate teachers that have inspired her.
Mimi Thomas E-RYT 200, Mimi began her yoga practice at age fourteen. In 2014 she followed in the footsteps of her mom, a yoga teacher and received her 200 hr YTT certificate. Mimi’s classes are authentic and grounded with her natural ability to inspire students. She is a master at creating beautiful and creative vinyasa flows with seamless transitions and she is excited to be a part of this training and to give back the, peace, love (SELF LOVE), and acceptance she has found on her mat.
Effie Densberger E-RYT 200, Teaching yoga since 2014 "When she first started practicing she was really concerned with was the physical improvements. She began to see changes in her body and her energy levels, so naturally she was hooked. The more she practiced the more she realized that she wanted to practice for so many more reasons than just the physical aspects. Yoga has become a gift, a teacher, in her journey through life. For Effie, yoga is all about dropping fear, overcoming physical and mental limitations, self-acceptance, and realizing anything is possible both on and off the mat." Effie loves the music festival life and her classes are infused with amazing music and grounded with breathwork and passion. Effie is excited to share her love for yoga with this new group of teacher trainees.
Dr. Matt Zanis PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS physical therapist, athletic trainer, and orthopedic specialist. Passionate about yoga and CrossFit, he wanted to improve people’s lives through athletic training & physical therapy. While completing his Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training at the University of Pittsburgh in 2011, Matt worked for the Pittsburgh Pirates baseball organization. During that time, he was accepted into the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Duke University in Durham, NC. While studying at Duke, Matt attained his Olympic Weightlifting certification through USA weightlifting, learned to appreciate the benefits of yoga. Matt has completed his board certification in orthopedics and is finishing up his fellowship through the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists. Matt specializes in analyzing movement patterns, improving mobility, sport specific strength and conditioning, and alleviating pain through manual therapy, instrument assisted soft tissue work, mobilizations/manipulations, and dry needling. Matt is passionate about helping prevent injury in athletes through education, correction of movement patterns, & rehabilitation after injury. Dr. Matt is excited to share his passion for anatomy and to teach it as it relates to yoga poses. Zanis Performance Therapy
Amber Brooks-Gumbert PA
Amber completed her Bachelor of Science in Health Science at the University of Nevada, Reno in 2001 and her Masters of Medical Science from Midwestern University in Glendale, Arizona in 2005. She has been a staff PA in the Division of Hospital Internal Medicine at Mayo Clinic in Arizona since 2005. She was named the Assistant Program Director for the Mayo Clinic Postgraduate PA Fellowship in Hospital Internal Medicine at the time of its inception in 2007 and became Program Director in 2015. She lectures regularly and is adjunct faculty at Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University and Midwestern University. She has been lecturing at national PA conferences for over 10 years.