We are thrilled to have Dr. Michelle Lindsey back for another fabulous workshop! This informative workshop is a must for all yoga teachers, yoga practitioners and anyone wishing to improve their quality of life.
Yoga Therapy: Achieving Greater Awareness & Understanding for Healing Ourselves and Others
- September 22,2018
- 1:30pm- 4:30pm
- Cost = $55.00
We are very aware of the recent widespread recognition of the contribution that the practice of yoga brings to health, and the ability of the mind, body, and spirit to improve health. This Workshop will focus on using Kundalini Yoga for self-healing.
Living a life of increased energy and vitality is a challenge for most of society today.
What you'll learn:
- The benefits of yoga as a tool for healing.
- Yogic breathing, postures, and exercises.
- The impact of yoga on various systems of the body.
- Visual, tactile, and auditory treatment exercises that impact breath and body awareness
- How the body connects for healthy living using a systems model approach.
- How to get enough information on the body through watching someone walk. ***This was a definite highlight from Michelle's past workshop and she will be including more time on this subject.***
Who Should Attend this Course?
A must for yoga teachers and yoga students and anyone who wishes to improve quality of life. No prior experience with yoga required. Health care and medical professionals can receive 3.5 CEU’s. Please contact your own licensing board for specific filing requirements. This workshop is a great follow up to the amazing Introduction to Therapeutic Breathing Workshop held a few months ago.
What to Bring to the Course:
- Yoga mat, blanket, pillow, and a bottle of water.
- Dress in comfortable clothing that allows for exercise and free movement.
- Pen and paper or notebook for taking notes.
Meet the Teacher:
MICHELLE LINDSEY, DPT, PT, MBA, CPT, CERTIFIED KRI YOGA INSTRUCTOR, REIKI PRACTITIONER, offers nationwide workshops teaching health care professionals to integrate neurotherapeutic, sensory, postural, and yoga techniques effectively in evidence-based physical therapy. She has served as a guest speaker at the National Spinal Cord Injury Association Conference, the American Physical Therapy Association, the American Recreational Therapy Association, and Cross Country Education’s Rehab Summit in 2009, 2010, and 2013.
Ms. Lindsey is the owner of Rising Star Therapy Specialists, LLC, in Phoenix, AZ, where she specializes in treating pediatric and adult clients with special needs. Ms. Lindsey holds a dual Bachelor’s in Kinesiology and Physical Therapy, a Master’s of Business Administration in Health Care Management, and a Doctorate in Physical Therapy. Her passion for innovative treatment draws both from her experience as a clinician and her athletic background as a nationally-recognized competitive gold medal figure skater, elite marathon runner, and professional speed skater. Michelle has written two books the Wellness Equation and the Metamorphic Gift. The Metamorphic ,, her newly published book, offers hands-on postures breathing techniques, and exercises that promote healing and body awareness. This book is for anyone who wants to break habits and change his/her life. For more information, please visit www.risingstartherapyspecialists.com.